Monday, January 19, 2009

who you going to call?


Went to watch Ghostbusters last night with Phil at Empire Theatres on Granville downtown. We planned to watch the first show at 7P but holy shit, people are insane. We got there before 630P and it was already sold out so we bought tickets for the 930P showing. At least this way we got to eat at Cafe Crepe! I was pretty excited because last time I wanted to eat there, Mattwanted to eat at McDonalds. It was the first time I had a burger there, was pretty good. They have the best fries after Cactus Club.

After dinner, we still had time to kill but it was really cold so we wanted to go to warm places
hah Chapters and HMV is the answer! It was brought to my attention that I'm not sure what my Chapters card does for me but I kept going and the kept asking so I said sure and signed up. In addition to coupons, I get a different discount on different books. So I'm saving something and not getting points. Come on, I know you all care. Phil bought Wicked, hope it's good so I can borrow it. It just reminds me of Ugly Betty, hurray for television!

On to
HMV. As we know, Phil loves musicals, so we were looking for a West Side Story box set. This brings me to boys having trouble with asking for help. What is up with that? It saves time and keeps down the confusion. Plus, these people are getting paid to give us customer service. So I left Phil wandering around in the game section and approached a HMVer. Then BAM! West Side Story in my hands.

The movie itself was pretty sweet. I haven't watched many movies from the 80's but I think it's safe to say that I enjoy them. My favourite things was the Stay
Puft marshmallow man. It's hard to not think of anything! The theatre was nicer than I thought it would be. We didn't expect the screen to get larger when the movie started like in our fancy theatres now, but it did and it was magical.

Hopefully off to study for stats now...

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a tiny little girl at an impressive height of 4'11" I like to eat and sleep and eat and sleep.