Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fresh Kicks

After going to J2s Sneakerbox, I've been looking up sweet sneaks because I clearly don't have enough. The first pair that I picked up were purple high tops with Velcro made with corduroy material. Now if you know me and have seen my wardrobe, that is everything that I love in one convenient product. I also saw a pair of kids Etnies which had a large Velcro patch over the front with laces on the strap; it has laces, but it's Velcro! Man, I really love Velcro. The purple shoe was men's and the Etnies didn't come in kids size 2.

I've never owned a pair of
Reebok's, but I would like these to be my first pair. It doesn't get better than money on your shoes and dice laces. I am not the biggest fan of Monopoly but I love these shoes. (Let us recall that time at Sam's where I only had one piece of property, also called the first time I met Meghan!) Not that I would ever fit these large men's shoes, but I enjoy looking at them over the Internet and wanting to purchase them. Why are men's shoes so much more amazing? It's nice to dream every now and then. Other things that I dream of buying are all the CDs in the world, every new Apple product that comes out and Candyland. = )

I never knew that I would like wearing
flats until I finally gave in. My major complaint, which I'm sure is the same for a lot of girls, is that they get sweaty. It feels almost as gross as it sounds. Some one should some how invent non sweaty flats. I counted and I have 5 pairs of flats, 4 pairs of high tops and who knows how many more pairs of regular sneakers and sandals. I know that it isn't nearly as much as the collection some other people have but things like this make me feel that I live my life unnecessarily excessive. Imagine all the money I could have spent towards a Mac Book instead.. Or all the food that could have been bought.. Or all the extra money I would have saved for a rainy day. Sometimes it feels too easy to bitch about spending money on school and too easy to drop a bill or two at the mall.

**the purple shoes are womens and sam told me about them before she even read my post! amazing!

4 comments:

Matt said...

shit i need to go to this place.

sammie said...

its at oakrdige. the monopoly shoes were just online though, i didnt see them in the store.

Meghan said...

Shoes are awesome, without those we'd be going everywhere BAREFOOT!!! D=

Have you seen the new Macbook with the click wheel instead of a keyboard??? That's just insane and it looks like a HUGE Ipod. HAHA.

Sam said...

I appreciate the fact that even when we don't have the time to see or talk to each other for a few days that we still appear to lead the same life.

About Me

My photo
I'm a tiny little girl at an impressive height of 4'11" I like to eat and sleep and eat and sleep.